JOB DESCRIPTION for FOOD SERVICE MANAGER/ASSISTANT MANAGER
Job Title: Food Service/Soft Ice Cream Facility Manager/Assistant Manager
Description: The manager/assistant manager is someone who has a passion for customer service and satisfaction. They are problem solvers with strong work ethic and leadership skills. The manager/assistant manager is a team leader and understands the importance of quality and safety and health regulations. The assistant manager is responsible when the manager is off duty and assumes the same responsibilities.
- Operation of Taylor soft ice cream machines and all frozen dessert related equipment with regard to quality, safety, and strict sanitary control.
- Operation of food service equipment including but not limited to: fryers, grill, ovens, slicer, charbroiler and other food prep units; with regard to quality, safety, and strict sanitary control.
- Maintain adequate inventory, inventory, inventory storage and use.
- Conduct food preparations as per company recipes.
- Operation of the business in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Supervision and training of food service employees.
- Scheduling of employees to assure the business is properly staffed during peak and non peak periods.
- Assign job duties for opening, closing and daily activities.
- Monitor employee performance relevant to: work habits, quality of customer service, quality of food served, portion control and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Assure strict adherence to company policies and procedures for the handling of cash, records, safety and security.
- Assure all food service staff strictly adhere to all food safety laws and regulations and hygienic practices.
- Consistently monitor product and waste costs.
- Prepare employee time sheets for payroll processing.
- Respectfully respond to customer complaints.
- Decision making
- Planning and organizing
- Resource management
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Communication skills
- Delegating tasks and responsibilities
- Dependable and trust-worthy
- Minimum Age: 18 years
- Previous Experience: Prior food service/soft ice cream experience preferred
- Food Employee Certification preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Able to use touch sensitive POS system
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs
- Must be able to take direction and delegate responsibilities
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have basic knowledge of management, business, economic and accounting principles